Saturday, February 14, 2015

Dear Husband . . .

I almost always share my heart with women, that is my ministry. But today, I have the men on my heart. Not to chastise them, not to tell them what to do, but to encourage them, from a woman’s perspective. Ladies, if you feel safe in doing so, feel free to share this with your husband.

Dear Husband,

You may not know me, but your wife does. I have asked her to bring this to you to read, please don’t feel ganged up on. I thought it might help you to see something from an outside perspective. No one is accusing you or telling you ‘you are doing it wrong’. I want to encourage you, in the meekest of ways, what YOUR love does for your wife. To encourage you to love her with the love of Christ. You probably already know it is your ‘duty’ your ‘calling’, your scriptural mandate, but here is a picture of what you love can do. Happy Valentine’s Day, Husband. I know your role is the most difficult role, we appreciate you!!!

couples hands love

When a man loves a woman . . . maybe you know the how the song goes. It’s one that is on our playlist of romantic songs. You know, for special date nights where we dance in the candlelight. I am continually in awe of how much this man loves this woman. I can assure you, he is far from perfect, and he would tell you too. But he loves me. He lays down his life for me. He listens to me. He encourages me. He picks me up when I am down. He supports my crazy ideas. He tells me ‘no’ when he should be telling me no. He believes I am beautiful and tells me so. He loves to spend time with me. He loves ‘us’. He cherishes me. He pampers me. He loves me in my imperfectness. He sees in me what I do not see.

What happens ‘when a man loves a woman’? I’d like to rewrite that song. If I had a musical bone in my body I would. But here’s what I know.

When a man loves a woman, her confidence grows.

When a man loves a woman, she begins to love herself.

When a man loves a woman she sees a little glimpse of how much her Jesus loves her.

When a man loves a woman, she feels safe and secure.

When a man loves a woman, she blossoms into who she was created to be.

When a man loves a woman, she sees beauty in herself.

When a man loves a woman, her heart heals more and more each day.

When a man loves a woman, no matter what comes her way, she can handle it because he loves her.

When a man loves a woman, he might not know it, but he is loving her whole.

What a beautiful opportunity you men have. To be the hands and heart of your Savior to your wife. May God bless you and equip you. May YOU know the healing love of Jesus in your heart as well. We thank you and commend you for all you do!!

Sincerely yours,

A LOVED wife

swans love

No comments: