Sunday, January 11, 2015

Has the Enemy Come Knocking Yet?

If you are going to make it to the end of this year with your dreams, goals and hopes still intact, you may just have to fight for your sanity along the way.

Usually, when you are a willing participant, there’s not much you can do to thwart God’s plan for you. Obviously, lack of obedience, fear, and things like that can get in the way or delay things a bit, but that is beyond the scope of this post.

I’m talking about when you are already a bit shaky in your dream or new goals. I mean, you know it’s from God, but you also know YOU. You’ve been here before, you have a history for messing things up, or so you think. So you’re shaky. You’re doing your best to get grounded and rooted in these new ‘digs’.

Be on the lookout for fear and doubt, ugly little demons that they are. It doesn’t take much. Oftentimes they come riding on the back of comparison. You know, you see someone else whose ‘dream’ (life) seems so much nobler than yours. Or perhaps, man, they sure are living their dream. It seems so effortless for them. I mean, you can barely stand up and they are running with theirs.

I don’t know about you, but oftentimes for me, it can take little more than a NANA-second, for me to be heaped in a pile under loads of fear and doubt. Seconds, and it is an all-out ‘crumble, tumble and tremble.

I’m giving you this warning so you know it is coming, or, maybe it already has. I know it has for me. Only took nine days. Nine days into the new year! But here is what is super cool. I recognized it immediately. God, in His great mercy, gave me quick discernment.

You know how sometimes, if the back door gets left open just a teensy tiny crack, somehow the cat’s radar goes off and she just quietly pushes through the door? Often times you may have to chase her around the house, under the table and behind the couch and by the time you get her you are all tuckered out? Is this just me? Not this time. I saw her immediately and caught her before she made it past the back hallway.

wooden-door-488115_640

 

I suppose the best case scenario would be for the door to never get left open. But, if it does, best to be ready with a plan and act immediately.

I began to see those thoughts come in.  I saw them for what they were, lies. I took them captive, after telling Brian, of course. Who proceeded to say, ‘woman, why are you even talking that trash, just stop and get them out of here and speak the truth.’ Such a practical guy. Isn’t it just like a woman to need to ‘talk about it’?

It all seemed so surreal and I felt like God was training me. I sensed in my spirit I was somehow getting a ‘do-over’, a chance to start from the beginning and get strong. Kind of like working out. You start with the basics and progress as you grow in strength. You see, God size dreams don’t come without a fight. Our enemy will fight tooth and nail to keep us from God’s best for us, and try to stop us from reaching others with His love!!

patagonia-71910_1920

Be ready!!

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Put on the whole armor of God that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Has the enemy come in and tried to rob you of your hope for this season of your life? Pick yourself up, cry out for discernment and kick the devil to the curb! Maybe you are ‘holding your own’ (or, being held). Well, praise God for is mercy and keeping power! I’d love to hear what you might be going through and lift you in prayer. Some of you have done so privately and that is so fine. Either here in the comments, or always feel free to message me. Go forth in the strength of the Lord this week!

No comments: